Sunday, February 26, 2012

An Open Letter - I Am Pro-Life

This was written by a Facebook Friend, she has given me permission to share it with you.

Greetings fellow parishioners, followers of God. My name is Kate Behselich and I am 24 yrs. old. I am writing to you all on behalf of the ones that are unable to speak for themselves, those that have been silenced. You should all be aware of the horrific aspect that is killing millions of innocent lives and that is killing me inside as well. What I would like to address are the realities of abortion and how your actions can help me - as well as millions of other Christians - stop abortion once and for all.

    A recent personal experience of mine at work helped to show me the difference in viewpoint between people that are pro-life and those that identify themselves as pro-choice. A baby shower was to be held for the mother of an unborn baby. The doctor told her that she would be having a boy. Although the child hadn’t yet been born, here we are already identifying the child by gender, calling it by name, and showing the little one respect.
    Later that night I was thinking about the baby shower, and then it hit me. We pro-lifers call the party a “baby shower” because there is a yet-to-be-born baby still in the womb, a life to be lived, ten fingers, ten toes, one heartbeat, one body, one life. A pro-choice person would call the shower a “fetus shower”, but then again there would be no fetus shower because there would be no fetus.
If it had not been for Facebook coupled with my faith in God I probably would not have had the courage to actively take a stand against abortion. I am pro-life and proud to declare it here in this letter. I have been, like most of you I’m sure, a pro-lifer, but mostly in silence. Sure I’d talk to certain people about it and vote pro-life, but after having recently found a link for a cause on Facebook called “Together we can end abortion”, I am now an active pro-lifer. The thing about this site that really caught my eye was that it allows anyone to join, view, and comment on all of the political topics as well as the individual stories being told. Many of the articles and personal experiences opened my eyes and I soon found myself in the WAR against abortion.
    The fight is on and I’m not backing down. “Sure,” you say, “you have so many friends.” But when I’d post a fact or story about the atrocities of abortion I’d only receive a few comments from those agreeing with me.
I’d like to share a story that I found on the Facebook page “Together we can end abortion.”
 “A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:
'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'
So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'
She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'
The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'
She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.
Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.'
The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!'
'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'
The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.
He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!

Love says, “I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person.” Abortion says, “I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself.”
    Many people commented about this story, and needless to say opinions varied greatly. I then shared this story with my friends on Facebook and also received mixed reviews. One negative comment was from a young Catholic mother, whom I pleaded with and asked her, “After bringing the greatest gift into the world, life, why would you want other women to murder the life inside of them?” I pray for the men and women and yes even doctors who don’t acknowledge the difference between right and wrong.
The following is one description of the five steps of a partial birth abortion…
  1. Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the baby’s legs with forceps.
  2. The baby’s leg is pulled out into the birth canal.
  3. The abortionist delivers the baby’s entire body, except for the head.
  4. The abortionist jams scissors into the baby’s skull. The scissors are then opened to enlarge the skull.
  5. The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The child’s brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed.  

  How can we murder our own children?
    Unfortunately, there are organizations out there such as Planned Parenthood that spend millions upon millions of dollars trying to convince the American people that abortion is okay.
    When looking at an ultrasound do you not see a heartbeat, ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes?  Does this not mean it is human? What other species could it belong to when it is coming out of a female human being? A mutilated aborted baby is torn apart piece by piece. So if not born whole or brought out of the womb as a complete body, is it not considered human?
    Makes you wonder if anybody who is pro-choice or who works in an abortion clinic has kids? What do they call them? A failed abortion attempt? Is a fetus not the same thing inside a pro-life woman and a pro-choice woman? A sad truth is if a baby is wanted then it is considered a baby, if not it’s just a blob of tissues, cells and bones. So are we not humans outside our mother’s wombs? Are we not tissues, cells and bones? What makes us any different inside or out? Are we more special than those unborn that are inside the womb growing? As born humans we are continually growing older, growing physically, mentally and emotionally.
    I ask you, “Where are you? Why are you standing in the shadows? Why are you standing behind fear?” Yes, I too was doing exactly that until I realized this; that shadow, that fear, that darkness was the devil and he wants you to stay there. He wants you to hide away and not stand up, not to come out and speak the truth about abortion and speak the goodwill of God. I say it’s time to take a stand; it’s time to believe first in God and then second in you! Without both resolve and strength from God you are standing on the side of evil. It doesn’t have to be a huge step at first but a few small steps then you realize that you are gaining the courage God is giving you, the strength to continue, and the wisdom to know the difference between right and wrong.
    We need to not be silent like the unborn and aborted babies. They don’t have a choice in the matter, WE DO! We must speak for them in unison, crying out to our government and to God to stop this action from taking place. The sad truth is that as long as there is evil there will be abortion. But fighting for change, real change, can and will help save unborn babies’ lives by changing the minds of women who want to abort (for any reason) and politicians who believe that murder is right and just.
But we must not lose FAITH, we must BELIEVE.
    I look to the leaders of our nation, asking them to face the reality of abortion and choose the right, the right to life for all human life. Please contact our leaders and tell them that you can no longer allow the horrors of abortion to continue! STAND UP AND FIGHT!!! With God nothing is impossible! With God and your help we can end abortion forever.
All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men (and women) to do nothing and to stand silent.

If your have been affected by abortion in any way or you or someone you know is thinking about an abortion, please join us here.
 
My Abortion Experience


If you would like to learn The Truth about Abortion, please join us here.
Abortion - The Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Comments

The owner of this blog reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice due to;

1. Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam
2. Comments including profanity
3. Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive
4. Comments that attack a person individually